A. By contract or by city personnel, supplements to this code shall be prepared whenever authorized or directed by the city clerk. A supplement to the code shall include all substantive permanent and general parts of ordinances passed by the city council or adopted by initiative and referendum during the period covered by the supplement and all changes made by the supplement in the code. The code will be current through the date of the adoption of the latest ordinance included in the supplement.
B. In preparing a supplement to this code, all portions of the code which have been repealed shall be excluded from the code.
C. When preparing a supplement to this code, the codifier, meaning the person, agency or organization authorized to prepare the supplement, may make formal, nonsubstantive changes in ordinances and parts of ordinances included in the supplement, insofar as it is necessary to do so to embody them into a unified code. For example, the codifier may:
1. Organize the ordinance material into appropriate subdivisions;
2. Provide appropriate catchlines, headings and titles for sections and other subdivisions of the code and make changes in catchlines, headings and titles;
3. Assign appropriate numbers to sections and other subdivisions to be inserted in the code and, where necessary to accommodate new material, change existing section or other subdivision numbers;
4. Change the words “this ordinance” or words of the same meaning to “this chapter,” “this article,” “this division,” etc., as the case may be, or to “sections through …”; and the inserted section numbers will indicate the sections of the code which embody the substantive sections of the ordinance incorporated into the code; and
5. Make other nonsubstantive changes necessary to preserve the original meaning of ordinance sections inserted into the code, but in no case shall the codifier make any change in the meaning or effect of ordinance material included in the supplement or already embodied in the code.
State law reference – Codification, AS 29.25.050. [Ord. 22-09 § 2, 2022; Ord. 17-10 § 2.]